A picture of the toll bridge! There was a sign as we got onto the bridge that said No Pictures but I took pictures anyways. Andrew was worried we were going to get in trouble because I kept taking pictures, but it was really cool. There were a ton of huge battleship looking ships I don't know what was going on but it was cool.
We really like Carlisle. The small town was charming and after living in a city for the past 5 years I am ready for a small town. It's not that small I guess, but it feels like it. The center of town is the old style downtown but the areas around downtown are all new and there is a Walmart so we can survive :)
Here are some pictures of Penn State in Carlisle.
My sexy babe-a-licious
A little history
After touring Carlisle we got back in the car and drove to Penn State's main campus in State College, Pennsylvania. State College was a big city and we really like State college as well. Carlisle and State College were completely different and complete opposites, but we couldn't decide which place we liked best. We spent some time in State College touring the law school and the city. Before we went on the trip we didn't make hotel reservations because we didn't know where we were going to want to stay. We knew we wanted to check out both campus's and then our plan was to spend the rest of the trip in the town that we like best and to go to church in that area so we could get some contact to help us move if we decided that is where we were going to go. After visiting both campus's we were very CONFUSED! We thought that after we visited we would know where we were suppose to go, but we just didn't. So we decided to go to Hershey PA and tour the hospital I want to do an internship at. I liked to Children's hospital, but it was hard to not compare it to Primary Children's Medical Center, and lets be honest. Nothing really compares with Primary's. However, Hershey Children's Medical Center was nice and the Child Life Specialist that gave me a tour was really nice. The Hospital was currently under construction so I didn't get any pictures.
After touring the Children's Hospital we decided to take a break and go have some fun. We went to Hershey's Chocolate Factory in Hershey, PA. The chocolate factory was fun. I tried to take some pictures while were were on the tour but they didn't really turn out. The tour was a a ride through the process of making chocolate. After touring the chocolate factory and shopping at the outlets we decided that we needed to decide which town we were going to go to church the next day. We still couldn't decide which town we liked better so we drove over to Carlisle again. There is just something about the little town that charmed us. We visited the law school again and after that we decided we really like Carlisle.
Here are some more pictures of Andrew at the law school in Carlisle.
The next day we went to church in Carlisle. There is only one ward for the entire town (a little different than Utah). The ward was really nice. A couple who just moved from Bountiful, UT last August to go to Penn State law school introduced themselves to us. They offered to help us find a house and help out in any way they can. I love being a member of The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! No matter where you go the church is there to help. The members are willing to help in any way they can and reach out to make us feel welcome.
Well after our trip to Pennsylvania we decided that we are moving to Carlisle Pennsylvania! It's exciting, but also a little scary. Wahoo!
Also, this is my last week of classes! I graduate in less than 2 weeks!

I am going to miss your face!!! But I am so excited for you guys!! That is awesome! I can't wait to see you after graduation :)
ReplyDelete